Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 4: Shoulders and Arms

I woke up this morning with every muscle-fibre in my body screaming in pain. If I hadn't been doing P90X and woke up feeling like this, I would think I was dying. Nevertheless, I gathered up the courage and stumbled into GNC walking like a complete weirdo. I looked like either I had a bone-growth disorder or was really thugging. I bought a big ol' jug of Banana Berry Blast Whey Iso Burst protein powder. OOOOhhh Yaaaa! Apparently, this stuff will totally rip my bod' or at least that's what the lady at GNC told me. She also told me I needed all these other sorts of vitamins and supplements that if I bought, I would have to put on lay-away or sell my car, which my dad owns making it sort of tough. So, that didn't make sense plus I just couldn't take health advice from an out-of-shape middle-aged woman with her gut hanging precariously over her belt just waiting to bust through her shirt and slap her thighs. There was also a giant bull-moose of a man that worked there - whatever he told me to buy, I probably would have bought. "If you think this 85 dollar slab of GNC-approved cheddar cheese will work, I don't see why I shouldn't buy it". In any event, I waddled out with the protein powder - $55.85: I am officially pot-committed

Millard had to bail on the work-out today. I brought some weights from home - 40s, 30s, and 20s. Unfortunately, the heavier weights weren't going to be of any use for most of the program that consists of, as per usual, a crippling onslaught of different types of curls and tricep exercises. They're simply, at this juncture, too heavy for us lil' dudes. He also had to leave for Vermont at 8 - so, no demerit points. Alas, I trucked on solo...a lone ranger ready to get his guns-a-blazing.

Highlights: I smacked my blood deprived nub of a weiner with the 20 pound weight, but completed the set. Isomax Whey Burst Extreme! 

State of Mind: I was basically at par (read: mildly sub-par) for the first half of the workout. I started to have some serious muscle fatigue in the latter half and some lighter weights would have helped. But, I crunched out 4-5 reps, which, in the end, might be even more helpful. I don't feel sick, I don't feel like quitting; I feel like a virile stud-bull ready to sow his seed. That is, I feel strong and sexy y'all. Well, not categorically 'strong' and 'sexy', but 'stronger' and 'sexier' than I once was way back on Monday. 

Rating: I kerfuffled (read: quagmired) some of the work-outs and experienced some disheartening muscle fatigue, but I fuckin' gave er' all I could Captain. P60X + 5 for extreme effort = P65X!

No comments:

Post a Comment